This only pertains to copyrighted works published on HubPages without permission. If you are a HubPages author who has seen their works published elsewhere (i.e. not on HubPages.com) without your permission, please visit the Learning Center entry on filing a DMCA complaint.
To file a notice of infringement with HubPages.com, you must provide a written communication, by mail/post, email, or fax, that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. If you are not sure whether material published on HubPages.com infringes your copyright, we recommend contacting an attorney first.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers):
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://mysite.com/original_work.html").
2. Identify the material on HubPages.com that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above (for example, “The following page infringes on my copyrighted work: http://hubpages.com/hub/Infringing_content”).
3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to allow HubPages to contact you (email address is preferred).
4. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
5. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
6. Sign the paper.
7. Send the written communication to the following address:
Attn: DMCA Complaints
95 Minna St, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
or fax to:
(415) 367-2499, Attn: DMCA Complaints
or email to:
[email protected] with the subject line "DMCA Complaint". Due to security concerns, please do not send an email with attachments. Any notification of infringement email sent with an attachment will not be received or processed.
Please note that a copy of each legal notice we receive may be sent to a third-party partner for publication and annotation. As such, your letter (with your personal information removed) may be forwarded to Chilling Effects (http://www.chillingeffects.org) for publication.
Permission to use content
Are you interested in using an image or content from an article on HubPages for your own project? Please contact the author directly by visiting his/her profile page. Select "Fan Mail" from the navigation menu in the right sidebar, and the contact link should be visible. Authors retain copyright to their work on Hubpages, so only they are in a position to grant you those permissions. Do not contact the HubPages Team, we can not help you!
Infringements other than Copyright
Are you trying to report a trademark violation or some other legal issue other than a copyright violation? If so please use this contact us here.